Spirit Bear Guide & Calls to ActionStart
Approx Time to Complete
- The slide decks have extra info not included in the online lessons.
- The Notebook can be printed but has more functionality when used digitally.
- What you learn
In Module 7, students learn songs that promote equity and the 94 Calls to Action set forth by the Truth and Reconciliation Commission of Canada.
Sensitive Topics: This module discusses the damaging legacy of colonization, in particular the Residential School System and the “60s Scoop”
- Course Guide for Module 7
- Slides for Module 7
- Student Notebook
Child of the Government
- Jayli Wolf's 'Child of the Government' Lyrics
- Spirit Bear Guide to the Truth and Reconciliation Commission of Canada Calls to Action
- Four R's Framework
Canada's indifference to the deaths of seven First Nations teenagers is 'just plain racism': Tanya Talaga
The Supplementary Report of the National Inquiry into Missing and Murdered Indigenous Women and Girls.
United Nations Office on Genocide Prevention and the Responsibility to Protect.
Truth and Reconciliation Commission of Canada, 2015, Honouring the Truth, Reconciling for the Future.
Minds-On: Meet Jayli Wolf
Action: TRC And The Four R's